Monday, February 2, 2015

KBShimmer Falling For Hue

I have another manicure perfect for Valentine's Day to show you today. A few weeks ago KBShimmer announced that they were going to be featured on E! television network and I made sure to watch to see what it was all about! Well, they featured a great deal on KBShimmer polishes. It was six polishes in the Big Bold Love set for $20! What a steal! This deal isn't available from E! anymore, but the polishes are available separately on KBShimmer's website. The polish I have to show you today is Falling For Hue. I will show you the rest of the polishes in another post. I just thought this one was perfect for Valentine's Day!



Falling For Hue is a white crelly polish with pink, fuchsia and red metallic hex glitter in various sizes. I would say the glitter ranges from micro hexes to meduim sized hexes. If you've read my other KBShimmer posts, you know I love their polishes with this formula. 



The consistency of Falling For Hue is perfect. Not to thick so that it covers the glitter, and not so thin that it runs or pools in near the cuticles. I think this perfect for Valentine's Day as well as all Spring long. This is three thin coats of Falling For Hue with one coat of HK Girl. 

I have to add this in today. I talk about HK Girl top coat a lot, and I'll give you an example of why. While I was doing my nails last night my seven month old son woke up and I needed to feed him. I was just finishing my top coat when my husband got my son out of his crib. I went and talked to them for a few minutes and then went in the kitchen and made him a bottle. My husband brought my son to me (approximately 5 minutes after applying the top coat) and I held him, fed him and rocked him back to sleep. After all of that, my nails didn't have a smear, dent or any sort of mark on them at all. They look just as good as they did when I first polished them. I love that! I was able to do what I had to do and I didn't wreck the polish I had just put on. HK Girl is amazing, and I highly recommend that you check it out if you haven't had a chance to already. 

You can get KBShimmer Falling for Hue here, and HK Girl on the Glisten & Glow site here. I'd love to hear what you prefer for holiday manicures. Do you like polishes like this that hint at the holiday or full out holiday manicures with stamping or nail art? Let me know in the comments below!


47 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful glitter polish, and it's definitely perfect for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a gorgeous polish for Valentine's Day! I love H.K. Girl to pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely KB Shimmer crelly!. I have heard lot of good reviews about HK girl top coat. I am currently using Seche Vite but after reading your experience i think i need to push myself to get one HK soon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try HK Girl, you won't be sorry! :0)

      Delete
  4. I wore this all weekend! I love crellies

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super super gorgeous! And that was definitely a great deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love KBShimmer polishes so I couldn't them up at that price!

      Delete
  6. This is so gorgeous. I love it! I really want to try KBshimmer polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would highly recommend them to you! They are always excellent formulas.

      Delete
  7. This polish really is perfect for valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to use Falling for Hue! I bought that deal too and I plan to use the same polish for a Valentine's themed mani. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good deal! I was really happy that I didn't already have any of the polishes in the set. :0)

      Delete
  9. KBShimmer does some excellent polishes, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've seen some swatches of the new Spring collection and it is gorgeous!

      Delete
  10. Love KBShimmer polishes. This is perfect for Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute, and I love the added story about how well your TC works! Lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous crelly! I don't have Falling For Hue but I love the KBShimmer crellies I do have, the formula is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such easy polishes to work with.

      Delete
  13. Awesome polish! I really wanted to pick up this collection, but I went a little crazy with my polish buying in January and had to let this one go... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean...I went a bit crazy myself. Oops. :0)

      Delete
  14. I keep finding more and more polishes I NEED... My poor tax return... lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not personally a fan of glitter crelly's (just my taste), but I actually do like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this one waiting for me at home I can't wait to try it out. It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this one, I almost got this set, but talked myself out if it, it was an amazing deal, what was I thinking!! I absolutely live KB Shimmer's crellys, (& holos, jellies, creams, & glitters...lol)!! You gotta love HK Girl, I started using it about 6 months ago & I don't think I can go back to anything else! I just threw out an old bottle of Seche, didn't even want to bother with restoring it, nothing else compares!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen swatches of KBShimmer's Spring collection? It looks amazing! I used to use Seche as well, but since I tried HK Girl I threw it out as well. I always try to have a back up of HK Girl so I don't have to use anything else. :0)

      Delete
    2. Ohh my, yes I have & they are amazing!! You wouldn't expect anything less!! I can't believe all the Spring collections coming out so fast, we just got through Christmas!! I love it though, so ready for the brights, and even neons, lol!!

      Delete
    3. I feel the same way. Bring on the lighter, brighter colors!

      Delete
  18. That KBShimmer set sure was a great deal. I may have had too many of the polishes to take advantage, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my husband would appreciate me saying I have too much polish but I don't know if that will ever happen! :0)

      Delete
  19. This is gorgeous! I wish I had been able to take advantage of that set. What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete