Tuesday, April 14, 2015

*NEW* China Glaze Glitter Polishes

Today I have several new polishes from China Glaze. These are not part of a specific collection, they are part of the core line at Sally Beauty Supply. I haven't been able to find much online about them so far, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you!



The first polish is Can You Sea Me? It is a clear based polish with mediuim silver holographic hexes and micro, small and medium blue metallic hex glitter. This one had a bit of at thick formula and I found it a bit hard to work with. I did three coats for it to be opaque and one coat of top coat. I think this one would make a better glitter topper than a full coverage glitter polish. 

Glitter, China Glaze, core line


Silver of Sorts is another polish that I found to be a bit difficult to work with. I originally tried to get this one opaque on it's own but it was way too thick to do that, so I decided to use it as a topper over a black polish. It has several sizes of silver metallic glitter in a clear base. This is one coat of Silver of Sorts with topcoat.

Glitter, core line,


Counting Carats is a clear based polish with gold metallic hex glitters ranging in size from microglitter to medium with gold holographic microglitter. No formula problems with this one. This is two coats of Counting Carats with one coat of topcoat. 

Glitter, core line


Pick Me Up Purple is one of my favorites. It has a clear base with light purple small and micro hex glitters in metallic and holographic finishes. This went on so easily! Two coats with topcoat for these pictures. 

Glitter, core line


Turn Up The Heat is a magenta jelly base with magenta small and micro hexes, light pink small hexes and purple shimmer. This one had a really easy formula to work with as well. It went on smoothly and was opaque in two coats. 

Glitter, core line


Give Me The Green Light! is easily my favorite polish out of the ones I'm showing you here today. It is a gorgeous teal jelly base filled with blue and green microglitter. It is opaque in two coat and is so sparkly! These are the types of glitter polishes that I think China Glaze really does the best. I think they should come out with one in every color! 




You're Too Sweet is another great microglitter mix. It is clear based with baby pink and holographic microglitter in it. It doesn't cover quite as well as Give Me The Green Light! because of the clear base so it took three coats to be opaque. It dried fairly quickly though so it didn't take long to get the three coats done. 



All in all, I think these are a great addition to China Glaze's core line. I can see using these as accent nail colors or full manicures, but I am a glitter lover! I think if you were going to skip any it would be Can You Sea Me? and Silver of Sorts because of the formula issues. If you're only going to pick up one, it has to be Give Me The Green Light! or Pick Me Up Purple. They're beautiful colored polishes with a great formula.

 Are there any you're going to be picking up? I'd love to hear what you think in the comments below!

34 comments:

  1. They are all glitter bombs! I don't remember reading about any of them or seeing swatches of them at all so it's great that you watched them. You're Too Sweet is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw them on Instagram - I don't remember who posted about them, and I knew I had to have them! :0)

      Delete
  2. You're Too Sweet and Give me the Green Light are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic. China Glaze does some great microglitters!

      Delete
  3. Give me the Green Light and You're Too Sweet are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I love how full coverage they are.

      Delete
  4. I'll probably pick a few up tomorrow at sallys! Nice swatches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will admit I'm not a glitter polish person, but these are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do great nail art, so you don't need glitter. :0)

      Delete
  6. Turn Up The Heat is AMAZING, omg!! I love that color!!

    Were you trying to sponge these on, or brush them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only brushed them on. I didn't think of sponging them on. It would probably help out the first two quite a bit to sponge them on. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. i always feel glitters are pain to remove and run away from dem :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use a peel off base coat, so that helps with removal. :0)

      Delete
  8. These are all so pretty and sparkly!! I really love Can You See Me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Can You See Me? would be much better sponged. I wish I would've thought of it before I swatched these. :0) I'm going to try that next time, thanks to Makenna! The combination of glitter is really pretty.

      Delete
  9. Hello CG.... get on my nails! I love China Glaze gitters I think it is one of the things they really do best. I can't believe they added these to the core line without really telling anyone. I think I saw these on one of the youtube beauty channels first but your swatches are gorgeous. Onto the chopping list they go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, some of China Glaze's best polishes are glitters. I was shocked when these were released and there was no info about then online!

      Delete
  10. Oooh I need to find these! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why but I always pass on CG glitter polishes, but these definitely caught my eye. I'll have to check one or two of them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like CG glitter polishes. They're probably my favorite polishes China Glaze comes out with.

      Delete
  12. Counting Carats looks so beautiful! Glitter is not typically my first choice, but most of these are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. I have similar glitter polishes from Cinapro in jelly or clean bases and i like to use them as glitter topper they look cool. You have applied all with multiple coats on its own, curious to know how it hall look if used as glitter topper over other color base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few of these would be too dense to be toppers but most of them would work great that way!

      Delete
  14. These are really fun glitters! Unfortunately, my Sally 's hasn't gotten them in yet. Love Give Me The Green Light too, it would be great for a mermaid mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls at my Sally's didn't even know they had them when I went to check on them. I just had to search the wall display for them. :0) I can't wait to see you wear some of them!

      Delete
  15. Oooh, Pick Me Up Purple and Give Me The Green Light are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete