Wednesday, February 11, 2015

KBShimmer Big Bold Love Set Swatches and Review

Today I have swatches from the KBShimmer Big Bold Love set that I purchased on the Love It, Buy It website featured on E! News. They were selling a set of six KBShimmer polishes for $20. I didn't have any of the polishes and I thought it was a great deal, so I decided to pick it up. I have already done a post on one of the polishes, Falling For Hue, which I will link here. I have the other five polishes to show you today.





The first two polishes I have to show you are Let's Not Coral and Sweet Wave. Let's Not Coral is a really nice coral creme polish. It is opaque in two coats and dries glossy. I topped it with one coat of Sweet Wave, a clear based glitter topper with white, blue, mint, yellow and coral hexes ranging from mini hexes to about a medium sized hex glitter. I had no trouble getting the glitter out of the bottle with this polish, but I did have to do some placement to get even coverage on the nail. I sealed everything in with one coat of HK Girl.




The next combination I have for you is Low and Be Bold with Ice Queen. Low and Be Bold is a fantastic blue crelly polish. It covers great in two coats but I could still see a little nail line, but I liked how it looked, so I just left it as is. On my ring and middle finger I used one coat of Ice Queen, which is a silver holographic glitter topper in a clear base. There are small and medium hex glitters, diamond shaped glitters and micro glitter in this one. I used one coat of HK Girl on all my nails. Again, I didn't have to do any fishing for glitter with this polish. I did not experience any staining with Low and Be Bold, which was really nice. 




The last polish from this set is Urban Camo. This is a multi-chrome polish that shifts from green to pink to purple. I have a really hard time capturing the shift in polishes like this. It is much more apparent in person than it is in these photos. This is two coats of Urban Camo with one coat of HK Girl. 

What do you think of this set? I think it was a great deal for $20, and I'm glad I picked it up. All six of these polishes are currently available on KBShimmer.com. I have most of the KBShimmer Spring Collection on the way to me and I'm really excited to get them and show them to you. They look gorgeous! 

37 comments:

  1. I love KBShimmer and Low and be bold is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a stunning blue! I'm really glad to have it in my collection.

      Delete
  2. Great swatches! I love KB Shimmer!! Low and Be Bold was actually my first KB Shimmer polish and there's been no turning back since :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! KBShimmer is a favorite brand of mine, I really enjoy their polishes. :0)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous polishes and great review! Glad your enjoying the KBShimmers, I have a KBShimmer on my nails right at this moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this too!!! They're all so gorgeous!! Love your pairings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with all of them. Such a great set.

      Delete
  5. I have got to get my hands on some of these, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful colors and swatches!! My favorite combo is the first one, so bold and colors of the glitters are so unique and unexpected!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like that one as well. It is perfect for Spring or Summer! :0)

      Delete
  7. That is a crazy awesome deal for six polishes of any kind, let alone KBShimmer. I love what you did with them--my favorite is the pairing at the top. That just energizes me and makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. KB shimmer is always attractive! Loved the Low and Be Bold most from above!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KB Shimmer polishes <3 gorgeous shade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. It is such a great set! I'm so glad I picked it up!

      Delete
  11. Wowza! Those are really pretty! I wish I'd taken advantage of that deal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great swatches and review! I love KBShimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a great deal for the set, especially since kbshimmer doesn't do sales. I'm sad I missed it, they all look so lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I saw this deal I couldn't pass it up. :0)

      Delete
  14. I bought the set too, and just recently used Ice Queen! I COULD NOT stop staring at my nails in the light!! I am not a fan of glitter toppers, but that one is worth fighting with during removal! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! I think this set really givespecially a great example of the types of polishes KBShimmer makes. :0)

      Delete
  15. I skipped this set, but have many of the cremes from it. What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy I didn't have any of these before this deal. :0)

      Delete
  16. I'm so glad I was able to get this set too, it was such a great deal. Urban Camo is surreal! Fantastic swatch of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked that one much more than I thought I was going to!

      Delete
  17. I'm loving all of these! Really bummed I missed out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully they'll do something like this again in the future. I'd be in! :0)

      Delete