Tuesday, February 24, 2015

KBShimmer Spring Collection Swatches Part 2 - The Crellies

Today I have the second half of the polishes I purchased from KBShimmer's Spring collection. I have five polishes to show you today and they are all crelly polishes!



Up first is I'm So Sweet Pea. It is a very light purple base with teal, purple pink and mint colored matte hex glitters. The glitter ranges in size from small to medium. This is three coats of I'm So Sweet Pea.




Meow or Never is a very pale grey polish with purple, grey, periwinkle and blue glitter. According to KBShimmer, this is based on the Pantone Spring color Glacier Gray. This also has a very delicate holographic micro glitter running through it. This is three coats of Meow or Never. 




Up next is Wind Swarm. This is a pale blue base (based on the Spring 2015 Pantone color Aquamarine) with purple, gold, white and pink matte and metallic glitter with a holographic micro glitter. The glitter ranges in size from small to large There are hexes, circles and squares in this one. This is three coats of Wind Swarm.





Sweet Egg-scape is a light bubblegum pink polish with red, purple green, coral, silver and white glitter in matte and holographic finishes. The glitter varies in size from micro glitter to medium. There are hexes, circles, triangles, squares and stars in this one. I didn't have any trouble getting any of the glitter out of this one. This is three coats of Sweet Egg-scape.




And last, but not least is Cool Hand Cuke. This is a light mint green polish with pastel yellow, green, pink, purple and white glitter in it. It also has that holographic micro glitter running through it. The glitters are all matte and there are circles, hexes, triangles and stars in it. This is three coats of Cool Hand Cuke.





I like all of these polishes. I think the polishes are wonderful for Spring. As you can see, I did have a little bit of an issue with the polish leveling, but I think that was my fault, not the polish. When these dry, the glitter does tend to stick up above the base polish (that's kind of the nature of crelly polishes) so I would recommend top coating these. All of these polishes are available on the KBShimmer website here. I'd love to hear which ones are your favorite in the comments down below! 



39 comments:

  1. I'm like 100% sure that "I'm so sweet pea" needs to be in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually keen on coloured crellys but some of these are sugary sweet prettiness! I thought the pantone colour of the year is masala? I lose track so rapidly. Lovely swatches - definitely would be topcoated to wear to hide that bumpy glitter look but thats pretty normal with these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I edited the post because Glacier Gray is one of Pantone's Spring colors - not the color of the year. Duh. Thank you! :0)

      Delete
  3. I'm kicking myself for not getting Wind Swarm and Cool Hand Cuke :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Hand Cuke is my favorite. I love the combination of the mint green polish and the glitter she chose.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a huge crelly fan, but Cool Hand Cuke is pretty cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one. It's the one I decided to wear after swatching them. :0)

      Delete
  5. Cool Hand Cuke! So adorable. I'm newly obsessed with crellies so I'll definitely be picking some of these up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KBShimmer has some excellent crellies! I have several from before this collection and really like all of them. :0)

      Delete
  6. As soon as I saw the first picture of this post, I was like awww dang! Another post that is going to want to make me BUY ALL OF THESE! I keep seeing reviews of this collection and it's really making me want to purchase my very first KB Shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KBShimmer. They make such unique polishes and normally always have a good formula. :0)

      Delete
  7. I love all of them! I really like most of the KBShimmer spring collection. I need to win the lottery or something. Crellies can be tricky to apply, a good thick topcoat is a must with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a couple of polishes I didn't pick up, but I bought most of the collection. :0) I couldn't help myself!

      Delete
  8. All of these are on my "WANT" list. You make them look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the collection and swatches. I really wanna have my hands on I'm So Sweet Pea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a really nice one. I just love the color combination in it. :0)

      Delete
  10. They are all lovely but my favorite is I'm So Sweet Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wind Swarm and Cool Hand Cuke are hitting my wishlist as we speak! Thank you for the beautiful swatches! I love Christy's glitter-crellies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too. She does them so well. :0)

      Delete
  12. I love all of these! I pretty much love the whole Spring collection this year and your swatches remind me why!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE my Meow or Never, it's my favorite polish. I think I need I'm So Sweet Pea, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has such a unique combination of glitter that makes it stand out. :0)

      Delete
  14. I love all of these but I need Wind Swarm because Aquamarine is my birthstone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm probably skipping all the glitters from this collection but will pick up a few of the holos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked the glitters in this collection, especially the cucumber one. Lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful polishes for spring, if you like milky glitters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous swatches, this collection is beautiful. I'm really sore I don't have any of them yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great swatches, they are all so dang cute it makes it so hard to decide! I'm really liking Wind Swarm for some reason!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the blue base color of that one and the glitters she paired with it.

      Delete