Monday, February 9, 2015

Essie Cashmere Matte Collection Picks

I have my picks from the Essie Cashmere Matte collection to show you. There are six polishes in this collection total and I have four of them here today. The four polishes I have are matte polishes with a shimmer in them and the two I didn't pick up do not have any shimmer. I'm going to show you the polishes matte (as they were intended to be) and with a top coat.



Just Stitched is described by Essie as a pearly-plush pink. This has a light blue shimmer in it, but when left matte most of the shimmer disappears. That was really disappointing to me. I decided to try top coat and wow, what a difference it made. In the second set of pictures you can see how top coat really brings out the shimmer. I much prefer all four of them that way. This is three coats of Just Stitched.





Comfy in Cashmere is described by Essie as a mauve with deep velvet undertones. This color is really pretty. When the top coat is added you can really see the blue-green shimmer. You can see the shimmer more in this one when it is left matte than you can in Just Stitched. I had some issues with Comfy in Cashmere and Just Stitched not leveling and both were pretty streaky for me. This is three coats of Comfy in Cashmere.





Coat Couture is my favorite out of the ones I picked up. It is described by Essie as a sultry satin greige beneath a deep purple shimmer. This one had the best formula for me out of the ones I picked up also. I love this one with top coat. This is two coats of Coat Couture. 





Spun in Luxe is the last polish I have to show you. It is described as a sophisticated matte blue-black. This one had an pretty good formula. The shimmer in this one is beautiful! This one is my runner up of the collection. This is two coats of Spun in Luxe. 





I honestly have a hard time with Essie. I find their formulas are either really good or not good at all. If you have any really great Essie polishes, let me know. I'd love to find some good ones! I'd love to hear what you think of this collection. Do you prefer them matte or with top coat? Which is your favorite shade in the collection? Let me know in the comments below! 

40 comments:

  1. I don't like Essie. Their formula doesn't seem to gel with my body chemistry and my mani chips withing hours of application. I really prefer these with top coat. Kind of defeats the purpose. If I had to choose? Just stitched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it defeats the purpose of matte polish to top coat it, I can't help it with these though. They're so much prettier with top coat.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I find their formulas to he very inconsistent. I can't say that I would recommend them at this point.

      Delete
  3. Lovely swatches. I liked Coat Couture and Just Stitched. They looked good with matte too

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stitched is such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference top coat makes! Out of these, my favorites would be Coat Couture and Comfy in Cashmere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't love Essie but I love the Cashmere shade. Gorgeous swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Stitched is beautiful!! I love the blue shimmer in all of them! The matte is lovely, but the topcoat brings out that shimmer I like :) I have s hard time with Essie too, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shimmer too. If these didn't have shimmer I would've passed on them all together, I think.

      Delete
  8. I am usually not very exited about Essies collections but I'm loving this collection. I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked matte version of all. All swatches are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Coat Couture! It's so pretty, both with and without topcoat! Great job capturing that blue shimmer in each of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was my favorite as well. :0)

      Delete
  11. Lovely hidden shimmer in these. Bummer about them only coming out to play with top coat though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really wish the shimmer was more visible while the polishes were matte. I would like them so much better!

      Delete
  12. If I comment twice, my apologies, it looks like my comment got eaten :(

    I like all of these, but it definitely is unfortunate that the polishes have to be topped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like them matte, but they are amazing with topcoat! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shimmer in these. I love them both ways, but prefer the matte, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I liked them more matte. I'm a sucker for shimmer. :0)

      Delete
  15. I really like these matte. I actually just picked up the collection myself so I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you think of them. I had to work quicker than I normally do with these because of the matte finish. Maybe I'll have to work with them a bit more.

      Delete
  16. OMG all of these are gorgeous!! I need to get them!!! I love the matte and they are pretty with the top coat as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time finding these! I finally found them at a Walgreens. I've heard people got them from Target but I've never seen them there. They are really pretty shades. :0)

      Delete
  17. I'm not a fan of Essie, but I have my eye on these. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I feel the same way you do, usually I pass on Essie, but these caught my eye. :0)

      Delete
  18. I'm not an Essie fan. However, your swatches are lovely! I prefer them with top coat

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just can't get onboard with this collection. They all look really pretty with topcoat but I'm meh about the matte versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. These aren't polishes I will be reaching for in the future.

      Delete
  20. I am not an Essie fan, but my love for mattes is greater than my hate for Essies. I have this collection, but haven't swatched them yet. I can't wait until I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very interested to see what other people think of them. I really wish I liked them more!

      Delete