Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Julep Maven February It Girl Box

Today I have the polishes from my Julep Maven February It Girl Box to show you. The It Girl box typically comes with three polishes. This month however, I have four to show you because all Mavens that took their February box received a free polish for Valentine's Day!




The first polish I have to show you is Becky. Julep describes Becky as a duochrome oil slick silk finish polish. I really like this polish. It looks beautiful in regular indoor lighting as well as direct lighting. You get a different look in different lighting. This does dry to a silk (semi-matte) finish and I wanted to see what it would look like with top coat. I used top coat on my middle and pinky fingers. The pointer and ring finger do not have top coat. This is two coats of Becky.

Indirect Light, 

No topcoat, Silk finish


With Top Coat

Colton is described as a black iris creme. This is a very dark reddish-purple polish. It looks almost black on the nail unless it is in direct light, and even then I think it's still a bit hard to tell that it's not just black. This does have a good formula, this is one coat of Colton with HK Girl top coat.




I combined the other two polishes in my box for this look. The base color is Carla, which is described as a tea rose creme. I didn't care for the formula on this one. This is two coats and it was patchy and streaky. I didn't even take a picture because I didn't like it on its own at all. But then I topped Carla with Hartleigh. Hartleigh is the polish that was free to all Mavens that took their February Maven box. It is a really nice glitter topper - perfect for Valentine's Day. This has red metallic hearts, small white hexes and holographic micro glitter. I had no problem at all getting the hearts out of the bottle. I did place them on the nail where I wanted them instead of just brushing them on where ever they came out. This is one coat of Hartleigh over Carla with one coat of HK Girl to seal everything in. 



I also purchased a few add ons and got a surprise in my box! The add ons I purchased were a three pack of the metamorphic top coats and two sheets of heart decals, which I haven't used yet. Because I ordered three add ons, Julep threw in two more polishes - Tatiana, a burnt orange metallic polish and Queen Anne, a purple and holographic micro glitter. Julep also put five extra bottles of Hartleigh to share in random Maven boxes, and mine was one of them! I've already gifted four of them to my mom and sisters. I did keep one of them. The reason I didn't swatch these for you is because I'm keeping these for a giveaway that I plan to do sometime in the future. I didn't want to swatch polishes that I was going to give as a prize. 



I'm pretty pleased with my box this month. I really like Becky and Hartleigh. I will use Colton and Carla even though they weren't my favorites. I was really excited to hand out the extra Hartleighs. What a fun thing for Valentine's Day! Julep Maven subscriptions and polishes can be purchased on Julep's website here. What did you think of this box? I'd love to hear which polish is your favorite in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment