Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Zoya NYNH Mystery Mini Trio and Zoya Polish Picks

Today I have swatches of the Zoya New Year, New Hue Mystery Mini Trio plus swatches of my picks from the promo. If you don't remember what this promo was - it was your choice of three polishes for free, just pay $15 shipping and receive a mystery mini polish trio. In my opinion this was a great deal. I saw a fair amount of complaining about having to pay $15 for shipping but for everything I received, I think it's well worth it.

My Picks L-R: Hope, Robyn and Evangeline

Minis L-R:Anais, Severine, and Charlott(e)

I'll show you my picks first. The first polish I chose was Hope. Hope is described by Zoya as "a flashy medium violet-purple with frosty blue, red and silver colored shimmer." I really like this polish. This is two coats of Hope. None of my swatches today have top coat. Hope is available here.

Indirect Light 

Direct Light



My next choice is Robyn. Robyn is described by Zoya as "the perfect turquoise creme. This is a polish I have heard so much about. Now that I have it, all of the hype is justified. If you like blue polish at all, you need this polish. It is gorgeous. This is one coat of Robyn. Robyn is available here.



The last of the polishes that I chose is Evangeline. Evangeline is described by Zoya as "a deep rose-pink shimmer with slight gold duochrome and flecks of gold microglitter." Another beautiful polish! This is two coats of Evangeline. Evangeline is available here.

Indirect Light 

Direct Light

Now for the Mystery Mini Trio. Everyone that ordered from this promotion received the same three mini polishes. They are not for sale on the Zoya website and were originally curated for the Peter Som Autumn Winter NYFW 2014 show. 

The first polish in this trio is Anais. Anais is a black polish with a dark silver shimmer running through it. It is opaque in three coats. I feel like this formula was more jelly like than creme like, but I don't know if I would say it would be a jelly that you could use for a jelly sandwich or anything like that. I liked it opaque on it's own but I also think it would be a good base for glitter topper polishes.




The second polish I received is Charlott(e). I type it that way because the sticker on the bottom of my bottle is without the last e, but I have seen it on other blogs or sites with the last e and I don't know for sure which spelling is correct. Charlott(e) is a creamy neutral color. I don't have anything in my collection this color, so I'm glad to have this polish. This is two coats.



The last mini polish I received is Severine. I read on this blog that Severine is a bottle of the same shimmer that is in Anais. Being that this is a metallic polish, I did have a little bit of an issue with visible brush strokes. That is fairly common among most metallic polishes. This is two coats of Severine.



These three polishes were made to work well with each other, and I think they do. You could definitely do a manicure with all three of these or choose two and it would work just as well. I think they really compliment each other. Let me know in the comments below what you think of the mini colors and the colors I chose! 

I'd really appreciate it if you took a couple of minutes to check me out on Instagram here or Facebook here. If you like my posts, give me a like on Facebook or a follow on Instagram and you'll be able to keep up on all my posts! :0) Thank you!

34 comments:

  1. I loved the polishes you picked out!! I need to add Hope to my wishlist. I'm not really that impressed with the colors of the mystery shades honestly. But then again, I'm not much of a neutral girl. Can you believe that my order still hasn't shipped?! I'm getting a little annoyed honestly, but I know it said it could take up to 5 weeks. Sigh. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually did two orders and the one I placed on January 7th hasn't shipped out either. I have to say thay the mystery colors are probably not ones I would've chosen for myself, but I think it's probably hard to find three shades that thousands of polish lovers will all enjoy. Hopefully there are some neutral polish lovers that are super excited about them. :0)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, Hope is amazing!! Going to have to add it to my wishlist! And Robyn is perfection!! I'm wishing I felt as excited about the mystery polishes, but meh!! Oh well, it was a good deal none the less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good deal. That's what I told myself too. Even if I don't really use the minis much, three Zoyas for $15 is still a good price! I can't believe I waited this long to get Robyn! I love it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the swatches! My order still hasn't shipped yet, but I'm trying to be patient. I'm very disappointed with the three mystery shades though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The mystery shades aren't my favorite. I'll definitely get use out of the black and maybe the gold if I can use it for stamping or something.

      Delete
  4. I just received my order today and was a bit disappointed by these mystery colors. Given I only paid $15 for 6 colors though made up for my disappointment. I'm actually working on a blog post for this as well! I love the shade Robyn by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors aren't my favorite, but I think I will get some use out of them, especially Anais. Like you said, I'm happy to have six shades for only $15. Robyn is amazing! It is definitely one of my favorite blue polishes. :0)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I love all these colours. Each beautiful in their own right x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these. I had managed to snag that runway trio off ebay previously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin is my favorite! I own it and love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me so long to pick Robyn up! It is a gorgeous polish!

      Delete
  8. The colours you chose look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swatches! I love Robyn too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the mini colors! I never thought to buy the shades you chose, but now I have to consider stepping into some brighter colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing bright colors on my nails. It can put me in such a good mood. :0)

      Delete
  11. I feel like I missed this. The colors are all cute but confession...I hate mini bottles. Full size or nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use a lot of mini sized bottles. I like how these match their full sized ones. :0)

      Delete
  12. I always miss the Zoya promos since they don't ship internationally. Robyn is my favorite here, such a pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Robyn. It's such a bright, happy color. :0)

      Delete
  13. Great swatches!! I took advantage of this offer to load up on some PixieDusts I didn't own. I LOVE your swatches of the Mystery Trio. I was a bit underwhelmed by them in the bottle but have grown to really like them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Pixie Dusts. While the mystery polishes aren't colors that I would normally pick for myself, I was surprised to find that after I swatched them I liked them quite a bit. :0)

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous swatches...I got the same mystery trio, I'm wondering how well they stamp. Need to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think to try them for stamping. I might just have to give it a try! :0)

      Delete
  15. Nice swatches. I like Severine the most. Visited you IG following you now. I loved all the swatches you posted on ig

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like Anais, I know a lot of people didn't but I find the black with golden shimmer an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I saw so many complaints about these shades but I think they're pretty nice. Not my favorite polishes, but certainly ones I'll use. :0)

      Delete
  17. Hope and Severine are really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete