Thursday, February 12, 2015

ellagee Faerie Princess Collection Picks

Today I have my picks from the ellagee Faerie Princess collection to show you. The collection has a total of six polishes and I have three to show you today. This collection is available on ellagee.com. ellagee is a new brand to me, but I was so impressed that I made two orders with her in one week. :0) I will have another post up soon with the other polishes I purchased.

Breena, Cyrena, Dulcina



The first polish I have to show you is Breena. Breena is a light blue holographic polish with pastel green flakies. In the description of these polishes it describes them as translucent and ethereal like delicate wings. This is three coats with one coat of HK Girl.

Indirect Light


Direct Light


Up next is Cyrena. Cyrena is a teal holographic polish with pastel pink flakies. This is three coats with one coat of HK Girl.

Indirect Light


Direct Light


The last polish I purchased from this collection is Dulcina. Dulcina is a magenta holographic polish with rainbow colored flakies. This is three coats of Dulcina with one coat of HK Girl. This is my favorite out of the three I got, which surprised me because usually I'm more of a blue or green fan.

Indirect Light


Direct Light


I know some people probably won't like how sheer these polishes are, but I think they are perfect for Spring. The look so delicate, but are so interesting! I also think they could look really pretty over a creme polish but I haven't tried that out yet. When I do, I'll make sure to post pictures on my Instagram. You can also keep up on my latest posts on my Facebook page! I'd love to hear which of these polishes is your favorite. Let me know in the comments below!

28 comments:

  1. These are pretty sheer, but I like them. Sometimes you just need a nice delicate polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually care for sheer polishes but these are really pretty.

      Delete
  2. I really like how soft and sheer they are, they all look beautiful. If i had to pick id say Dulcina is my favorite. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Soft is a really good word to describe them. :0)

      Delete
  3. They are very sheer. But nothing a good coordinating cream underneath wouldn't fix. Just makes them versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested to see how that looks. I'll have to try it soon!

      Delete
  4. I think I may have to pick these up. They are so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really delicate. Perfect for this time of year. :0)

      Delete
  5. Pretty colors! A little more sheer than I prefer but I can work with that for colors that I love :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I feel about these too. Normally I wouldn't like how sheer they are but because of the shades and the finish, I really like these!

      Delete
  6. These would be good for lead-lighting with how sheer they are. Otherwise, a little too sheer for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that technique. It's good to know I will have polish for it when I try it out! :0)

      Delete
  7. Yea I don't like the sheerness. These are pretty colors though

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost got Breena but didn't at the last minute - now I see I need it!!! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are pretty, but yes I don't like that they are sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit sheer but I think that's part of what makes them look so delicate.

      Delete
  10. These are gorgeous! I don't even mind that they're sheer - but then, I have no free edge to show off the translucency right now. I just used my first Ellagee in December and I was seriously impressed with the formula and quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try more from ellagee! I'm loving everything I've tried so far. :0)

      Delete
  11. I like sheer polishes. These are so delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous swatches. I would definitely like them more if they weren't so sheer :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely swatches! These would be great for leadlighting or syrup gradients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to try those techniques...I've never done them before! :0)

      Delete