Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year's Eve Manicure


I have a great New Year's Eve manicure option to show you today! I have Zoya Storm and Cosmo on my nails. I think this is a great combination.

Storm (L) Cosmo (R)


Cosmo is one of Zoya's Magical Pixie Dust polishes. It dries down to a matte, super sparkly finish. I used this as an accent on my middle and ring finger. Zoya describes it as "a sliver crystal sparkle, textured Pixie Dust with mega hex iridescent particles." Cosmo looks like little jewels on my nails. I can't stop looking at them! I used two coats of Cosmo and I did do two coats of HK Girl to smooth it out and give it extra shine. These Magical Pixie Dusts do dry to a pretty rough finish, so be prepared to do a couple coats of top coat to smooth it out. Zoya has decided to discontinue all of the Pixie Dust polishes, so if you like this one, pick it up soon! Cosmo is available here.

Indoor, direct light

Indoor, indirect light


Storm is one of the first polishes I bought when I started using Zoya polishes. It is a black creme polish with a ton of scattered holographic glitter in it. I don't know if I should even say glitter, because it doesn't add any texture to the polish. It's a smooth polish to apply and is so pretty. It's like a night sky with tons of stars. If you've never tried any of the polishes Zoya has that have this formula, I highly recommend them. Dream, Payton, Aurora, and Blaze are the other polishes with this formula. I have them all and they are all beautiful. Storm is available here.

Indoor, direct light

Indoor, indirect light

Sorry for the terrible cuticle, yuck! But this polish is so pretty!

I think these make a great combination. I think black and silver are a classic combo and each polish has something special of it's own to add to the manicure. Is this something you'd wear for New Year's Eve? I'd love to hear in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment