Monday, January 12, 2015

Revlon Transforming Effects Top Coats

Today I have three of the Revlon Transforming Effects top coats to show you. I saw this display and thought they looked interesting, so I thought I would pick a few of them up. There were seven shades in the Transforming Effects display.

L-R: Pink Glaze, Matte Pearl Glaze, and Holographic Pearls

First up is Pink Glaze. I layered all of these top coats over one coat of Zoya's Black Swan. Pink Glaze definitely transformed the black polish like the name says. It gives the polish a pink shimmer with a blue flash. I have to say that this one is my least favorite out of the ones that I picked up. This is one coat of Pink Glaze with no top coat. I wanted to show the true finish of all of the top coats.



Next up is my favorite out of the three I picked up. This is Matte Pearl Glaze. This makes my nails look like they are glowing. It has a blue finish with a little pink mixed it and does dry matte, like the picture shows. This is one coat of Matte Pearl Glaze over Black Swan with no top coat.



The last one I picked up is Holographic Pearls. I'm not sure where the "Pearls" come in. This is a holographic micro glitter top coat. The coverage is excellent and you might be able to get this full coverage with three coats but I didn't try so I'm not totally sure. For my swatch I have two coats of Holographic Pearls on my ring finger and one coat on my other fingers with no top coat. Again, this is layered over Black Swan. I wanted to show you the blurry shot on the bottom to show how sparkly and holographic it is and this was the best way to show it to you. 





All in all, I do enjoy these top coats. I think that the Matte Pearl Glaze is so pretty. It gives such a unique look to the nails. The Holographic Pearls top coat was a bit of a surprise to me. I had no idea it would have such good coverage. I found these at Ulta but they should be available at most drug stores. Have you tried any of the Transforming Effects top coats? Any ones I missed that I should have? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I absolutely love Pink Glaze. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are really pretty. I think I'm going to try Pink Glaze over other colors to see if I like another combination better. :0)

      Delete
    2. Try it over a bright blue! I tried it over SH Pacific Blue (the original) and it was gorgeous!!!

      Delete
    3. Sara, I will definitely that out! I haven't used Pacific Blue in a while, and that will give me a chance to use it! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. The Pink Glaze even by it's self is pretty.

    ReplyDelete