Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Julep Naughty and Nice Mystery box

I'm going to share what I received in my Naughty and Nice Mystery box from Julep today. Julep typically releases one Mystery box per month and you do not have to be a Julep Maven to be able to purchase one. This one was $24.99 (I think most of the time that's what they are) and Julep said it would be a $150 value. Let's take a look at what I got.


I received four products (all new to me) and five polishes (also all new to me, I don't currently have any of these in my collection.) First up is the Hand and Cuticle stick. Julep describes this as a product that moisturizes and protects in one easy no-mess step. I have some issues with dry cuticles so I am excited to try this out. The retail price of this item is $22.00, but it is currently on sale for $9.99 on Julep's web page here.


Next up is a full size Rock Star hand cream. Julep describes this hand cream as being anti-aging, non-greasy, and fast-absorbing. They say that it keeps hands hydrated even after washing them. This is another good product for this time of year since the cold weather always makes my hands drier. This retails for $20.00 but is also currently on sale for $9.99 here


The last two products I received came in a set called Time Machine. It includes two full sized products; Facial for Hands Peel Off Glycolic Mask and Solace Oil Free Sunscreen SPF 30. I'm excited to try out the mask. I would love to have smooth, more moisturized hands so hopefully this product works! As for the sunscreen, I don't often think of using sunscreen on my hands, but it makes so much sense. I feel that you can really tell the age in someone by looking at their hands. People often think of taking care of their faces with sunscreen or other products, but how often do we think of our hands that way? I will definitely be trying this out. This set retails for $40.00 but is on sale currently for $14.99 here.


I received five polishes in my box, in a variety of finishes. The polishes I received are:
Sue, a light lilac purple with a pink shimmer exclusive to this Mystery box, Fiore, an Espresso brown creme, Mary Lou, an Oxblood polish with a satin finish, Patricia,  a deep purple metallic exclusive to this Mystery box and Jessie, a deep reddish brown creme. Julep's polishes retail for $14.00 but the Maven price is typically $11.20. Jessie is on sale currently for $6.99.




The total value of this box (going by retail prices) is $156.95, which is above the $150 Julep claimed it would be. I do think these Mystery boxes are a great way for someone to try Julep for the first time or for someone just starting out with Julep. If you have been a Maven for a while or just have a lot of Julep products or polishes, this might not be for you. It is still a really good deal though, even with using the Maven pricing. There is no way I could get this much stuff from Julep for only $24.99 unless it was in a box like this. 


What do you think? Would you give Julep a try? Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you think of them. I'd love to hear!



.


No comments:

Post a Comment