Monday, November 24, 2014

Watercolor Manicure

Today I have a Watercolor Manicure to show you. I think the first place I saw this technique used was on Nouveau Cheap's blog.  I will link that post here. If you don't follow her blog, you should! She is all about drugstore makeup, nail polish and deals.  I highly recommend you check her out.

Direct Light

For this look I did two coats of Orly Mirrorball on all of my nails. When that was dry I used Sally Hansen Jell-ous? on the tips of the two outer fingers and near the cuticles of the middle fingers.  Then I took Sally Hansen Ice Mint on the cuticle area of the outer fingers and on the tips of the middle fingers. Both of these polishes have a jelly formula.

Indirect Light

Because of the formula they were able to blend together in the middle of the nail to create a light purple color. I used two coats of the jelly polishes. I had no issues with the formulas of any of these polishes. The Sally Hansen polishes are way too sheer for me to wear them on their own, but using them this way, they just worked perfect. I coated everything with one coat of HK Girl.


Oh my goodness! I love this manicure. This is easily one of my favorite looks I've ever done.  And it was really simple!  The Sally Hansen jelly polishes can be found on Ebay, but you could use any jelly (sheer) polish for this look. What colors would you use for a Watercolor manicure like this?  Let me know, I'd love to hear!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want to take this one off. :0)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I hope to do exactly this on my nails maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how it turns out! I'd love to see pictures if you have a blog or instagram. :0)

      Delete
    2. I don't have either of those at this time but here are pictures on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/karen.reynolds.9674. I mentioned you with a link.

      Delete
    3. I can't get my pictures to come out as nice as yours. But there they are.

      Delete
    4. Thank you for linking my post Karen. I appreciate that. I think your manicure turned out great! :0)

      Delete