Sunday, November 23, 2014

Butter London Shag and Brown Sugar

Today I have a manicure using Butter London Shag and Brown Sugar. I really like this combination for Fall. It's feeling more and more like Winter around here, so I have to wear my Fall manicures while I still can!

Brown Sugar (L) Shag (R)

Butter London describes Shag as "a warm orange-burgundy metallic." They describe Brown Sugar as "an opaque copper shimmer with gold glitter."  I think these two colors work so well together.  I had no problems with the formula on either polish.  I used two coats of Shag on most of my nails and I used three coats of Brown Sugar on my ring finger. I could have probably stopped at two coats of Brown Sugar but I wanted to see if the third coat would deepen the color and shimmer.  I topped everything off with HK Girl.


Both of these polishes are available (at the time of this post) on Ulta.com, butterlondon.com and on Amazon.com.  I bought mine in store at Ulta, but I don't know if these shades are currently available there.  

Brown Sugar

What do you think of this combination?  I'd love to hear!  I also would love to know if you have any favorite Butter London polishes.  I don't have many of them and can always use recommendations on new polish colors or brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment