Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Orly Smolder and Bling

Today I have a manicure that is perfect for Fall or the Holidays.  I used two Orly polishes for this look. The main color, Smolder, is from Orly's Fall 2012 collection called Fired Up. The gold accent nail is Bling, which is from Orly's Winter 2014 collection called Sparkle. I have all of the polishes from the Sparkle collection and will probably show you the rest in an upcoming post.

Indirect Light

Direct Sunlight

I think this combination is awesome.  I think that these colors work so well for this time of year. Smolder is a deep red that shifts to a berry color depending on the lighting you are in.  It has beautiful shimmer in it and the formula is good.  I did two coats for these pictures but you could easily get away with one thicker coat.


Look at that holo!

For the accent I used three coats of Bling, which is a gorgeous yellow gold microglitter with tons of holographic pieces in it.  This could be used in one coat for a glitter topper or in three coats, like I have here.  I was surprised to find that this polish dries smooth.  I was expecting a gritty finish but there was none of that at all.  I made the second close up picture blurry on purpose to show more of the holo. I topped everything off with one coat of HK Girl top coat. 

With Flash



The Sparkle collection should be available at retailers like Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply. Smolder is available online at Amazon.com. Bling is a really nice accent color, it would work with so many other colors. I think a dark green or purple would look nice. What color would you put with it?  I'd love to hear!

1 comment: