Friday, November 7, 2014

Zoya Harlow and Orly Mirrorball

Today I have another manicure that I think would be perfect for Fall or for the Holidays.  I have Zoya Harlow and Orly Mirrorball on my nails.  


Harlow is one of Zoya's Matte Velvet polishes. Zoya describes Harlow as "a rich, saturated rose plum packed with sparkling metallic shimmer in a velvety Matte Velvet finish." The Matte Velvet polishes are stunning. Harlow is available here. I didn't think I was going to like them nearly as much as I do. This one is no exception. It is gorgeous. I prefer it with top coat because I like the shine and the added wear time top coat gives it. Matte polishes are more likely to chip in general, so this isn't abnormal. The color is beautiful either way. I did have to work quicker than I normally do when polishing with this color. Matte polishes also dry much faster than regular polishes so if you spend too much time fussing with them you'll pull off the color that you're trying to put on. I used two coats of Harlow for this look.

Outdoors, direct sunlight
Indoor, Natural Light
Indoor, With Flash

Mirrorball is from Orly's Winter collection, Sparkle.  And sparkle it does! This is so pretty.  It is a silver holographic microglitter with slightly larger silver holographic circles in it. I used two coats of Mirrorball on each of my ring fingers.  I also used a coat of HK Girl top coat to make everything sparkle and shine even more! The second picture is out of focus so that you can see more of the holo goodness in this polish. I found this polish online, Amazon currently has it, but I'm not sure if it is currently in stores or not.


So pretty!

I think these polishes work well together, but I could see Mirrorball working with so many different polish colors. I also love the Zoya Matte Velvet polishes, if you are on the fence about buying them, do it! They are so gorgeous matte or top coated.  Are you a matte polish fan or do you prefer them top coated?  Let me know, I'd love to hear what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment