Saturday, November 22, 2014

China Glaze Twinkle Collection

I have my picks from the China Glaze Twinkle 2014 Holiday collection to show you today. I have nine of the polishes from the Twinkle collection.

I'd Melt For You is the first polish I have to show you. It is a silver chrome polish.  This polish has an ok formula. When applying this polish I found that I had to be very careful, if I swiped the polish too many times I got brushstrokes on the nails. Besides the minor brushstroke issues, I did like the finish of this polish. It almost looks like a mirror on the nails. This is two coats of I'd Melt For You with one coat of HK Girl top coat.



Tip Your Hat is a red creme polish.  It is the polish that I used in my Mickey's Birthday manicure. The formula on this one is good.  I had no issues with it at all.  This is two coats of Tip Your Hat with no top coat.


De-light is a clear based glitter polish with gold glitter and holographic bar glitter. This is a dense glitter topper and I think it could be built up to full coverage, but it would be pretty thick on the nail. This is one coat of De-Light over Tip My Hat with one coat of HK Girl.



Out Like A Light is a grey creme polish.  The formula on this one was good.  I used two coats of Out Like A Light but it was opaque in one coat.  This swatch is without top coat.


Dancing & Prancing is a multi-colored glitter topper in a clear base. The colors are not what you would typically see in a polish like this. It is much more muted, which I think is nice for Winter. This is one coat of Dancing & Prancing over Out Like A Light with one coat of HK Girl.



Define Good ... is a deep red polish with tons of shimmer. I love this one. It is one of those colors that I think is just perfect for Fall and Winter. It has such a glow that comes from within it, This is two coats of Define Good... with no top coat.


Chillin' With My Snow-mies is a clear based polish with small, medium and large white matte hex glitters. It is meant to be a glitter topper and I don't think it could ever be built up to full coverage. It looks like falling snow on the nails after it is applied. This is one coat of Chillin' With My Snow-mies over Define Good... I did have to place the larger glitters on my nail where I wanted them to go. This is topped with one coat of HK Girl.



The last two polishes I have to show you are the microglitters of the collection.  The blue is Feeling Twinkly and the green is Pine-ing For Glitter.  Feeling Twinkly is all tiny microglitter and Pine-ing For Glitter is the same size microglitter with hex glitters a little bit larger than the microglitter.  I swatched both colors over a black creme polish from Zoya called Black Swan, This is one coat of the glitter over Black Swan.



What do you think of the polishes in this collection? I think that the colors are great and most can be worn any time of the year.  And some of the names are so cute!  Chillin' With My Snow-mies is one of my favorites. Did you pick any of these up?  I'd love to hear if you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment