Saturday, December 20, 2014

December Julep Maven Box

Today I have my December Julep Maven polishes to show you. Julep Maven is a subscription service that is mainly nail polish based but they are branching out in to more makeup and skin care items as time goes on. There are several different profiles, and each profile has a box each month with different nail polishes and/or makeup and skin care items. The It Girl, which is my normal profile, typically comes with three polishes. The other boxes usually have a combination of polish and other items. You can also add on items with your monthly box for a reduced rate. I chose to add one polish, so I have a total of four to show you today.



The first polish I have to show you is Aurora. It is a silver chrome finish polish. This one is without it's outer cap in the picture above because after I took it off to use the polish, I couldn't get it back on. There is a gash in the teeth of the cap, so the outer one doesn't fit back on. I am going to try to contact Julep and see if a new brush can be sent. I'd like to have the outer cap on so it matches all of my other Julep polishes. The polish itself  I don't particularly care for. I have a couple other ones in this same color and finish, and the formula on this one left something to be desired. You can see every brush stroke in the finish of this polish, which is something I don't care for at all. This is one coat of Aurora with one coat of HK Girl. *I received a response from Julep and they are going to send out a new bottle of Aurora. I am happy that they are willing to do that and they answered me in a timely fashion.*


Up next is Sharna, which is a full coverage bronze microglitter. This one is opaque in two coats. It is a color that is pretty unique and I really like it! This is two coats of Sharna with no top coat. It does dry matte with a little bit of texture, but if you prefer a smooth nail, just top coat it and you'll be left with beautiful sparkle and shine!


The last color that was a part of my box was Rochelle, which is a berry colored shimmer polish. I really liked this one. This is one coat of Rochelle on my index and pinky fingers with one coat of HK Girl. The polish I added on was Nell, which is on my middle and ring finger. Nell is a nude, holographic, full coverage microglitter. Beautiful. I really like this color. The formula on this one was a little thick so the next time I use it I may try to use a little polish thinner to see if that will make it a little easier to apply. This is two coats of Nell with one coat of HK Girl to smooth it out and bring out the sparkle.


Nell is definitely my favorite of the polishes I received with my December box. I'm really glad I was able to add it on. Julep Maven Boxes are $24.99 per month when billed monthly or $19.99 with a three month paid subscripion.You can skip months or cancel at any time. If you are interested you can check out Julep through my link here or head over to Julep.com to sign up! If you use my link I do receive a referral bonus from Julep. Please don't feel like you have to use it, but if you do use it- Thank you! Do you subscribe to Julep? I'd love to hear what you think or what subscription box you think is the best. I'm always up for trying new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment