Thursday, January 15, 2015

Zoya Aubrey and Bar

Today I have a really nice neutral manicure to show you. I did this look using Zoya Aubrey and Bar. I'm trying to use polishes that I have had for a while but haven't tried yet and both of these fit that description!

Indirect light

Aubrey is a nice rosey neutral color. Zoya describes it as " a full-coverage, medium mauve creme." The formula of Aubrey is really good. It is smooth, creamy and full coverage in two coats. I also used one coat of HK Girl top coat. This is a color that has been sitting on my shelf because I didn't know if I would love it on my nails and I was so wrong not to use it sooner! If you happen to be on the fence about this color, don't be. Aubrey is part of the Naturel Deux collection and is available here


Bar is one of Zoya's Magical Pixie Dust polishes. Zoya describes Bar as "a glittery nude topaz in the best-selling ultra textured, matte, holographic Magical Pixie formula." This one is really pretty on the nail. It is a nice neutral polish with a ton of sparkle and shimmer. The Magical Pixie Dust polishes have a matte finish with added holographic hex glitter. This is two coats of Bar with a coat of Gelous and a coat of HK Girl to smooth it out.Removal can be kind of a pain with glitter like this so I do use a peel off base coat to make removal easier. Bar is available here.

Indirect light

Direct light

I think this combination is neutral but still has that little something extra because of the sparkle in Bar. I like the contrast between the smooth texture of Aubrey and the glittery finish of Bar. What do you think of this combination? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

Direct light

No comments:

Post a Comment