Thursday, January 22, 2015

OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Collection Picks

Today I have my picks from the OPI Fifty Shades of Grey collection. There are six polishes total in the collection, and I have two to show you. The other four polishes were grey creme polishes in different shades, and I wasn't super impressed with them so I didn't pick them up. The two I have are Romantically Involved and Shine For Me.



The first polish I have to show you is Romantically Involved. It is a red creme polish. I would say that Romantically Involved is a neutral red shade, it doesn't lean orange or blue to me. I actually don't have many red polishes, and this one is really nice. I'm glad to have it in my collection. The formula is good on this one, opaque in two coats, and dries glossy. I did use a coat of HK Girl on top of it here.



The other one I choose to pick up is Shine For Me. It is a clear based glitter polish with silver micro glitter and tiny blue circle glitter. It is opaque in two coats. My pictures look like there are some spots where it looks sheer, but in real life my nails are covered. I think the color combination of the silver and blue is perfect for Winter. It does dry a bit textured because of the glitter so I used one coat of HK Girl to seal everything in.



I think that both of these are really great polishes. I'm glad I picked both of these up. The OPI Fifty Shades of Grey collection is available now at most beauty supply stores as well as online. Did you pick any polishes up from this collection? I'd love to hear what you think of the collection in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenny! I just recently discovered your blog through instagram and I'm really enjoying it, you do an amazing job! Shine For Me is the only polish I picked up from this collection, mainly because it was the only unique one of the bunch to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Thank you so much! I really like blogging about polish and I'm glad you enjoy it. And I agree with you, this collection didn't seem super unique to me either. Kind of disappointing, but I'm excited for new Spring colors and collections! :0)

      Delete