Saturday, January 10, 2015

Zoya Dot and Monet

Today I have two polishes from the Awaken collection from Zoya. This collection is from Spring of 2014. I thought since Zoya is releasing their new Spring collections soon, I'd use a couple of the ones from last year and show you how pretty they are! The Awaken collection is available here.



The polishes I used for this pretty pink manicure are Dot and Monet. Zoya describes Dot as "a full coverage pink petal creme." It is such a nice light pink. I did use three coats here. It was a little streaky on the first coat. I could've stopped at two coats if I didn't photograph my nails. I found I had a couple small bald spots, so I went over them with a third coat to even everything out. 


Monet is a clear based glitter topper. Zoya describes Monet as "a multi-colored, cellophane holographic special effect topper." This is beautiful. The glitter shift is amazing. You can see pretty much every color of the rainbow in it. The one negative thing about this polish is that the base is pretty thick. You will see that I have some bubbling on my nails and it's partially because the base is super thick and partially because I am a little impatient sometimes when I paint my nails. In this case, I should've waited a bit before using Monet over Dot. One thing you can do with a glitter polish with a thick base is sponge the glitter on to the nail using a makeup sponge. I think I will try that technique next time and see if I can come up with a better result. The makeup sponge is supposed to absorb some of the extra base and just leave the glitter on the nail. Learning lesson for next time! This is one coat of Monet over Dot. I did use one coat of HK Girl to seal everything in.


I think this combination is so pretty for Spring, or for any time of the year for that matter. I love to wear a light, bright color to bring some cheer to this dull, cold time of year. I'm really excited to see the Spring polishes that Zoya is coming out with this Spring and I will swatch them for you as soon as I get my hands on them. :0) Don't forget about the great promotion Zoya has running now through Tuesday, January 14th, 2015. You can check out my post with more information about it here

What colors are you looking forward to wearing in the Spring? It there a collection that you can't wait to get your hands on? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment