Sunday, January 4, 2015

OPI Hawaii Collection Little Hulas Set

Like the title states, I have the OPI Hawaii Collection Little Hulas set to show you today. This is a set of four mini polishes from the Hawaii Collection. OPI's description of the set is "Bring a little color of the islands to your nails with four minis from the Hawaii Collection from OPI!"




First up is Suzi Shops & Island Hops. OPI describes this one as "A light and happy pink that's the perfect traveling companion." This polish is pretty in the bottle, but it was not a winner for me. I don't know if it was the mini sized bottle or what, but the formula for me was terrible. This is three coats (with one coat of HK Girl) and it still wasn't even. I really like the color but can't get past the formula issues. It does look better in the picture than it does in person. 

These tiny bottles were kind of awkward to hold. :0)

Lost My Bikini in Molokini is a really pretty medium purple. OPI describes it "With this reef-inspired purple, what's one bikini more or less?" This one had an amazing formula! It's strange to me how different the formulas can be in polishes from the same collection. This is one coat of Lost My Bikini in Molokini with one coat of HK Girl.


Aloha from OPI is a bright coral color. OPI description is "Let's give a warm island hello to this bright creamy coral!" This one had a good formula as well. It was a bit streaky on the first coat, but the second coat covered the streaks and evened everything out. I really like this one. I'm excited for more bright colors like this for Spring and Summer! I couldn't get the color exactly as it shows to the naked eye for the picture. It is definitely more orange-y coral in person and much less red.


The last polish in this set is That's Hula-rious! OPI says, "Stock up! This pastel mint green makes me dance with joy!" The formula on this one was good. Again with this one there was some streaks on the first coat, but the second coat covers everything up and evens the polish out. Another perfect color for spring! I think of Easter when I look at this color, and could see using this in some nail art around that time of year.


All in all, I enjoy this set. And I think the name of the set - Little Hulas - is adorable. I do wish the formula on Suzi Shops & Island Hops was better, but I would be interested to see what someone with a full sized bottle thinks of the formula. I just wonder if that has anything to do with it. I love all of the colors and think they're perfect for Spring and the transition to Summer. Now, everything I have read about this collection states it will be available February 4th, but I found this set out already at a local salon. They did not have the full collection, just this set. I don't know if this had a different release date or if it was supposed to be out for sale or not. I had never seen it before so I picked it up and did some research when I got home and that's when I found out about the release dates. What do you think of these colors? Are they what you were expecting for Spring polishes? I'd love to hear in the comments below! 

2 comments:

  1. I love these OPI mini sets - not sure if I would buy OPI otherwise, since these offer a nice taste of the collection for a budget price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the minis too! I totally agree about the price. I'd much rather spend less than $15.00 for the minis than almost $10.00 per bottle for the full sized ones.

      Delete