Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pretty in Pink

I have a pretty pink manicure on today.  This is my first time doing a technique called a jelly sandwich manicure.  It is a base color with a glitter "sandwiched"  in the middle and then a sheer polish on the top.


I used OPI Don't Burst My Bubble as my base color.  It took 2-3 coats (depending on the thickness of the coats) to make the color on my nails match the color in the bottle.  The glitter I used was one coat of OPI You Pink Too Much and the jelly polish I used was one coat of  Essie Sugar Daddy. All three polishes are available on Amazon. I topped everything off with one coat of HK Girl top coat.




I really like how this technique makes the glitter a little more muted.  I like glitter, don't get me wrong, but this is something different.  You can still see the pink in the glitter and the shimmer of the holographic microglitter, its just not as in your face.  

Bottle shot of You Pink Too Much.

I really like the way this turned out.  I think it is really a nice look on the nail.  It looks so pretty and delicate.  I can't stop looking at my nails! Let me know what you think of it.   I'll leave you with a couple more shots of this nail look.




No comments:

Post a Comment