Wednesday, October 29, 2014

China Glaze Apocalypse of Color

I have my picks from China Glaze Apocalypse of Color to show you.  This is China Glaze's 2014 Halloween collection.  I didn't purchase all of the colors in the collection, I just picked the three I liked the best. Two are textured polishes and one is a glitter topper. I purchased these polishes at Sally Beauty Supply, but I'm sure they can be found on Amazon as well.


The first one I have to show you is called I Love Your Guts.  It is a dark pink polish with tiny black matte glitter in it.  It does dry down to a matte textured finish so if that is something you don't care for, you can give it a coat or two of top coat.  


Next I have But Of Corpse.  It is the exact same formula but with a green base color instead of pink. The formula on these was good.  The pictures I have show one coat of these polishes on my nails. Neither of these have been top coated.


Close up of the texture of the polish.

I attempted to do some nail art with this polish.  I used it as a base for a Frankenstein accent nail. After two coats of But Of Corpse, I used Zoya Black Swan and a chevron Nail Vinyl to make the hair. Then I used a dotting tool and Julep Dana (white polish) and Black Swan to make the eyes, and just drew a simple line for the mouth.  I clearly need more practice with nail art, but I think he's cute anyway!  This also shows But Of Corpse with one coat of HK Girl top coat.



The last polish I have to show you is called Rest In Pieces.  This is a gold, black and gold holographic polish.  There are hexes and bar glitter in this mix.  I'm not a huge fan of bar glitter but I thought this looked nice, especially for Halloween.  I used one dabbed coat of Rest In Pieces over Zoya Suvi.


What do you think of these colors?  I actually really liked the two textured polishes better than I thought I would.  I have heard that after using them for a little bit they do tend to thicken up, but I haven't had that problem so far.  If I do, I'll let you guys know!

4 comments:

  1. The third one is SO cool! Green Bay Packers all the way! If I was going to a game, I'd have to use that polish. Also, I love the first two pictures. Very cool sampling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the Packers for that last combination! Good idea. And thank you!

      Delete
  2. I just randomly found your blog and I'm always interested to see swatches of the nail polishes I already have (is that weird?) but I need to tell you that your nail art for Frankenstein is so cute!! I need to keep this in mind for next year's Halloween!! I will definitely add your blog to my Bloglovin list of blogs to read! I will have to take some time to read your blog and see what new nail polishes I must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words! I check out blogs for polishes I already have too. It's nice to see what other people do with them. Thank you again for taking the time to check out my blog!

      Delete