Monday, March 23, 2015

Daily Hues Nail Lacquer Review

Today I have three more polishes from Daily Hues Nail Lacquer to show you and I also want to share my customer service experience with you. I'm going to show you the polishes first and then I'll get into my experience.



First up is the only holo of this bunch, Sea. This is just beautiful. I don't have the words to describe just how beautiful I think this is. There is a bit more green in this shade than I was able to show in my pictures. It is a blue holographic jelly polish. I only had to do two coats for full opacity. This, and the other two swatches, is topped with a coat of ellagee Glass topcoat. 

Indirect Light


Direct Light


The other two polishes I have to show you are Tillie and Julie, and both are white based crelly polishes. Tillie has deep pink micro hex glitter in it and Julie has teal micro hex glitter in it. The formula on both of these polishes was good. I did three coats (which I normally do with crelly polishes) but two was enough to get them opaque. 

Tillie


Julie


I really like all of the polishes that I have purchased from Daily Hues. You can find all of these polishes here dailyhues.com. I do, however, want to share my customer service experience I have been having with Jenn, the maker of Daily Hues. I originally made my first purchase (Tillie and Julie) on 2/26, because Jenn had posted a promotion in a Facebook group that I am a part of. She stated that any order that weekend would have a free item included in the order. It could be a polish, a prototype, a specialty tweezer...anything along those lines. I received my order in a very timely fashion, but the free item was not included in the order. I contacted Jenn and she was very apologetic. She had a different promo running at that time so I asked her if I made another order would she put the free item in that order. I figured it would save on postage and packaging. I placed and paid for a second order (Sea, Hawks and Holly.) Again, I received the order in a very timely fashion. However, the free item wasn't included in this order either. I contacted Jenn again and she apologized and said she would send the item out on Monday, the 16th of March. As of now, I have not received anything else in the mail from her. I have emailed twice and she has not responded to my emails. I am not in need of a free polish or tweezers, but I feel like if you are going to run a promo, you should fulfill it. I love the polishes. I think they are amazing - especially the holos, but I won't be ordering from Daily Hues Nail Lacquer again unless this is taken care of. I will definitely update this post if I receive something in the mail or get an email back, because I want to be fair! I hate having to post something negative, but I want to be honest in my posts. 

What do you think of these polishes? I'd like to hear your opinion on the situation as well. Let me know in the comments below!

36 comments:

  1. Sea is so pretty! Sorry you that happened to you with the promo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sea is gorgeous. A favorite for sure. :0)

      Delete
  2. The polishes are stunning! Sucks about the sudden silence from the maker. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame to hear about the promo - Julie and Tilly are super sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are fantastic polishes! I hope to get this resolved and buy more polishes from her in the future! She has several other polishes like these, just different colored glitters. :0)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I agree, I had to keep it on! It's gorgeous in the sunlight!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful swatches, especially Sea! I'm sorry to hear about the sudden radio (email?) silence though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your experience! I'm dealing with something with her myself. Ordered a collection, one bottle was chipped and almost cut me. I sent it back for her to rebottle and I haven't seen it. Going on a month now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really disappointed that the issue hasn't (as far as I know right now) been taken care of. I really like the polishes and wouldn't hesitate to buy from her again if this gets resolved.

      Delete
  7. I really like both Tillie and Julie but I don't like that customer experience at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love daily hues, that's unfortunate about what's happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the polishes, it's just the situation that has me turned off from buying from her again. If it gets cleared up, I'll definitely be getting more polish, they're great!

      Delete
  9. Lovely! It's too bad when things like that happen. Probably not a good idea to run simultaneous promotions or two so close together if you cannot handle it. I hope the issue is resolved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's kind of what happened, just too many things happening at once. I don't think she intended on not sending anything out either time. I believe it was an honest mistake. I just hope it gets cleared up!

      Delete
  10. Julie is such a pretty polish. I'm sorry to hear about your experience though. That's enough to make me want to quit a brand. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Julie is so pretty! I love the color of glitter in that one! I feel the same way though about the service issue, I don't plan on buying any more polishes unless it gets cleared up.

      Delete
  11. You purchased some beautiful polishes! Tillie was my favorite when I swatched it. I have worked with Jenn a lot so I'm really surprised by the customer service. I think she wasn't expecting her 50% off promo to do as well as it did and has gotten overwhelmed (not that this excuses her behavior). I hope the situation gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too! I really love the polishes I bought. I'd love to buy more, but I can't justify it with this type of service. I'm actually really happy that she had a great response to her promo, but I feel that service shouldn't suffer because of it. I'm really hoping to hear from her soon because there are more polishes on her site I'd love to buy! :0)

      Delete
  12. I'm really surprised to learn that the issue you had is with Daily Hues. It's a shame. I always hear such good things about her. Bad customer service is enough to make me not buy from a brand again, no matter how great the product is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too bad. I really love these polishes but I'm disappointed in how this was handled. I'm still holding out a little hope that she'll contact me to resolve it.

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience!! I hope it gets resolved soon!! Gorgeous swatches, Sea is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie is so pretty. But that's a shame about not getting the promo both times. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color of the glitter in Julie. So pretty!

      Delete